Monday, December 8, 2014

week 12 goals

Week goals: 

The goals for this week are to finally attach the bracket that will keep balls from going behind the tube. After that's attached, we will just work on making sure everything on the robot works as it should. This means we will be checking the code, retesting motors and servos, tightening screws, etc.

Friday, December 5, 2014

week 11 summary

Week accomplishments:

This week we attached the servo to the linear slide, which flips the tube. It works well. Next, Martin replaced some of the servos in the front of the robot that are going to continuously turn to collect the balls. The reason Martin needed to replace them was because they were not continuous servos, and could only turn so much.

Martin replacing the servo

Monday, December 1, 2014

week 10 goals

Week goals: 

Our goals for this week are to attach a servo to the lifting tube. This will allow it to dump the balls into the point tube. It will need to be able to lift up on the linear slide when it flips, so we will need to program it accordingly. We will most likely need extensions so the servo can reach when the tube is lifted all the way.

servo on the linear slide

the servo will attach here

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

week 9 summary

Week accomplishments:

This week we didn't finish the barricade as we only had 2 days of school. However, we got the solidworks from Norma that she has been working on for a while. They are up to date, the only thing it's  missing are the linear slide and the tube.

isometric view

top view

Monday, November 24, 2014

week 9 goals

Week goals:

The goals this week are to create a barricade for the pick up tube so balls cannot go behind it. The one we made last week is not bad, but it's not very flexible. Next, we will also add servos so the tube can turn and dump the balls, and program those servos.

thats basically how it will stop the balls from getting
behind the lift

Friday, November 21, 2014

week 8 summary

Week accomplishments:

The wiring on the robot was completed. It is organized and working. The programming was also done, and all the parts with the motors can be controlled through robot C using the controller. At the end of the week, we started working a box that would be behind the tube and not allow any balls to pass behind it. We cut up the plastic and drilled holes in it, but we might not use it as it's not very flexible.

Monday, November 17, 2014

week 8 goals

Week goals:

The goals for this week are to program all moving part on the robot. We have to make sure all the wiring is correct and all the motors work as they should. If there is time, we will work on making a cutout of plastic to not let any balls behind the pick up tube.

the plastic sheets we will make the case from